Netgear EX6400 is a powerful dual-band wifi mesh extender that is capable of delivering wifi speed up to 1.9 Gbps. One of the best feature that Netgear EX6400 offer is no new SSID or password needed, there will be just one wifi name for all your Netgear devices.
Now let’s get started with the Netgear EX6400 Setup.
Netgear EX6400 Extender Setup Using Web Browser
- Connect Your Netgear Extender EX6400 to the power outlet.
- Press the power button on the side panel of the extender.
- Wait until the extender turns completely ON.
Note: make sure extender and wifi router are in same room.
- Take your laptop or computer and connect to extender using the wifi network utility.
- Once your computer is successfully connect with the extender, the extender LED will turn green.
- Open any web browser in your computer.
Note: It is recommended always install two web browser in your computer. In case you get any issue due to browser during the setup than you can easily switch to another web browser.
- Now type www mywifiext net in the address bar of web browser and hit ENTER key.
Note: If you are not able to reach mywifiext net, then click here to get brief information about how to fix this issue.
- Provide the log in credentials in the prompted box.
- Select the network that you want to extend.
- Provide the password for your selected network.
- Create the username and password for your extended network and click on save.
That’s how you have completed the Netgear EX6400 setup now. Now place your extender where you want to be.
Do you want to configure the WN2500 wi-fi range extender on your existing network? If yes, then we will walk through steps for configuring the range extender WN2500.
Steps to configure the range extender:
- Turn on the extender and wait for the LED to turn green.
- From the wireless computer, search for Netgear extender SSID. The default SSID is Netgear_Ext.
- Launch the web browser and it will automatically take you to the steps for Netgear genie smart setup.
- Genie will find the wireless networks available within the range. All the networks available in the area will be displayed. Select the existing network name and press ‘Continue’.
- If the existing wireless network has security turned on, then enter the password to login to it.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- If you don’t see the name of the wireless network, then minimize the distance between the router and the extender. You can check the requirements and other pre-requisites from the Netgear extender setup website as well.
- If there is a 5 GHz band selected on the router, then select the same band from the Wi-Fi range extender.
- If your extender doesn’t support 5 GHz, then click on the link ‘My extender or router doesn’t support this frequency band’.
- You need to change the wireless settings of your extender now. If you don’t want to change as of now, then click on ‘Leave it as it is’ option.
- The computer will now be disconnected from the extender after 2 minutes.
- Check the settings and ensure that these are correct.
- Connect the wireless devices to the extender now.
- After connecting the extender to the computer or other wireless device, open the ‘Genie app’ and check the status of connected devices.
- The extender is now successfully installed. Click ‘Finish’ to end the setup page.
If you need any further assistance or help, feel free to contact the support team available at my wifi ext fix platform. You can call us on our toll free number and get the required help.