Netgear EX6400 is a powerful dual-band wifi mesh extender that is capable of delivering wifi speed up to 1.9 Gbps. One of the best feature that Netgear EX6400 offer is no new SSID or password needed, there will be just one wifi name for all your Netgear devices.
Now let’s get started with the Netgear EX6400 Setup.
Netgear EX6400 Extender Setup Using Web Browser
- Connect Your Netgear Extender EX6400 to the power outlet.
- Press the power button on the side panel of the extender.
- Wait until the extender turns completely ON.
Note: make sure extender and wifi router are in same room.
- Take your laptop or computer and connect to extender using the wifi network utility.
- Once your computer is successfully connect with the extender, the extender LED will turn green.
- Open any web browser in your computer.
Note: It is recommended always install two web browser in your computer. In case you get any issue due to browser during the setup than you can easily switch to another web browser.
- Now type www mywifiext net in the address bar of web browser and hit ENTER key.
Note: If you are not able to reach mywifiext net, then click here to get brief information about how to fix this issue.
- Provide the log in credentials in the prompted box.
- Select the network that you want to extend.
- Provide the password for your selected network.
- Create the username and password for your extended network and click on save.
That’s how you have completed the Netgear EX6400 setup now. Now place your extender where you want to be.