Do you want to configure the WN2500 wi-fi range extender on your existing network? If yes, then we will walk through steps for configuring the range extender WN2500.
Steps to configure the range extender:
- Turn on the extender and wait for the LED to turn green.
- From the wireless computer, search for Netgear extender SSID. The default SSID is Netgear_Ext.
- Launch the web browser and it will automatically take you to the steps for Netgear genie smart setup.
- Genie will find the wireless networks available within the range. All the networks available in the area will be displayed. Select the existing network name and press ‘Continue’.
- If the existing wireless network has security turned on, then enter the password to login to it.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- If you don’t see the name of the wireless network, then minimize the distance between the router and the extender. You can check the requirements and other pre-requisites from the Netgear extender setup website as well.
- If there is a 5 GHz band selected on the router, then select the same band from the Wi-Fi range extender.
- If your extender doesn’t support 5 GHz, then click on the link ‘My extender or router doesn’t support this frequency band’.
- You need to change the wireless settings of your extender now. If you don’t want to change as of now, then click on ‘Leave it as it is’ option.
- The computer will now be disconnected from the extender after 2 minutes.
- Check the settings and ensure that these are correct.
- Connect the wireless devices to the extender now.
- After connecting the extender to the computer or other wireless device, open the ‘Genie app’ and check the status of connected devices.
- The extender is now successfully installed. Click ‘Finish’ to end the setup page.
If you need any further assistance or help, feel free to contact the support team available at my wifi ext fix platform. You can call us on our toll free number and get the required help.