A newly discovered tourist attraction in the Philippines has taken the international community of travelers with awe. In case you haven’t heard, the Philippines has been consistently ranked in the top twenty for having some of the most breathtaking, gorgeous, and paradisiacal beaches in the world. This is one of the main tourist spots in Leyte and one of the best things to do in Leyte. It’s getting more popular but for the most part, still pretty under the radar.
The Origin of the Island’s Name
The island is named after a local name for birds which is “langgam”. If you take pictures from above with the drone, you will see why. The island resembles the shape of a so-called langgam/bird and that is why the island is called Kalanggaman Island.
Things You Need to Know
Before anything else, here are a few things you need to know for your Kalanggaman trip.
- The best time to go to the island is during summer season. As for us, our trip to Cebu was on the month of September. Although it’s sunny, our trip back to Cebu was a scary one because we happen to visit the island on Amihan Season (big waves & rain). Make sure to check the weather or grab a life vest with you on the boat for your safety.
- It is a less developed island which means there are NO resorts, commercial shops or restaurants in it. If you plan to stay overnight, bring your tent with you. You may also rent their Day Tour Cottages at P500 that comes with tables and chairs.
- Bring more food and drinks because you will be travelling for hours just to get there. There are some sari-sari stores that are selling some food and drinks but expect that the prices are quite high since it was all transported there from Leyte.
- There is no electricity and the network connection are slow. Millennials who loved posting photos online for their trips, I suggest you enjoy the rest of the tour first and spend time with your friends and family at this beautiful island. Make sure your gadgets are fully charged and bring a power bank with you in case you will really need one.
- Put sunblock on because you will be walking under a scorching heat and you don’t want to get an uneven skin tone just like what my cousin had (although she loved her tan skin). No one wants to get sun burnt!
- Do not expect a powdery sand at the island. You may have imagined walking around it barefoot before getting there but I tell you, the sand is rough and it has bits of corals so it's best to bring slippers with you.
- No fresh water for cleansing. They may have shower rooms where you may wash up but what’s the use if it’s still salty water right? Why not wait to get back to Maya Port and freshen up from the hostel nearby instead.
Island Fees and Other Things
- You have to pay an entrance fee of 500 PHP for foreigners and 150 PHP for locals. Kids below 5 years old are free.
- If you want to stay overnight in Kalanggaman Island, the fees are 750 PHP for tourists and 225 PHP for locals. If you are bringing a tent you can pitch in Kalaggaman Island, if not, they will charge you 300-400 PHP for renting a tent.
- There are no hotels in the island but there are some places where you can buy drinks, coconuts and even barbecue. There are also snorkeling gear just in case you aren’t bringing yours at around 150 PHP. Apart from snorkeling and swimming, you can also rent kayaks for 150 PHP, paddle boards for 150 PHP, and a banana boat ride for 500 PHP for 15mins.
Accommodation consisting of safe stay and comfort is the key to experiencing an awesome travel. Many travelers are now looking at hostels over hotels for a lot of good reasons. One of the reason is the fact that hostels allow travelers to meet and have a good time with each other. The only problem here is the availability of so many hostels that can have a problem to choose a genuine one. However, these are a few things to consider before you have a bad hostel experience.
- Location – Consider choosing a hostel that is located in a central region. A centrally located hostel will help you to find transportation facility along with a chance to witness a few popular attractions.
- Think about your Breakfast –You cannot ignore your meal especially breakfast when it comes to staying in hostel or anywhere. Make sure that the hostel you choose offer a decent breakfast in the morning.
- Common Room –it is important that hostels have common rooms for travelers to come together and interact with each other. You don’t want to go to their rooms and interact with them where few may not like it.
- Think about your items –Make sure that you pick a hostel that offers lockers to travelers to keep their valuables in a safe manner. Since you are on the go, you may want to keep your items such as cameras, laptops etc with less worries.
These are the things to consider when it comes to staying in one of the best Canggu Hostels.
When it comes to the cold weather, having a glass of red wine is a joy. Sitting relaxed in your lounge chair, having a sizzling BBQ food with your favorite red wine is something special. However, when it comes to warm or hot weather, red wine becomes a little uncomfortable to swallow. For such a warm weather, there’s a solution and the solution is to replace that awesome red wine with an awesome white wine. These are a few list of white wine you should try that has a similar taste and aroma of your red wine.
- Chardonnay – If you love your red wine consisting of light and fresh flavors such as Pinot Noir, then Chardonnay is the perfect wine for you. This white wine is known to consist of burgundy and citrus-related flavors.
- Savennieres – If you love Italian red wines such as Barcolo or Chianti, then you can switch it over to Savennieres. The grapes used to make this wine are made when it is in its ripest stage which is then fermented in the sun over the later stage. The flavors of Savennieres is similar to those Italian red wines.
- Portuguese Whites – Portuguese white wine is known to offer some of the best flavors of Portugal thanks to its white grapes. The white grapes grown in Portugal to make this wine gives you a unique, light and easy drinking experience such as the likes of Malbec. Many red wine drinkers hold a lot of respect and admiration for Malbec, however, during the warm weather, you should check out the Portuguese White.
To learn more about the best white wines over the red wines, try taking swan valley tours.
The merits of private airport transfer telling the organization in the event that you have any unordinary stuff necessities. Anything huge or massive may not fit in a normal family vehicle, so it will be important to overhaul the vehicle size to coordinate the baggage needs.
Likewise, there is the alternative to pick the top of the line vehicle for the business occasion or if intending to have a corporate customer gathered. If you are looking for airport transfers then you can visit Jamaica private airport transfers via https://glamourdmc.com/services-view/transport/.
A prominent kind of vehicle for corporate travel is probably going to incorporate the Mercedes models.
Get some information about additional items like A few organizations will offer a total rundown of additional items, while others are very restricted. A couple of the additional items incorporate instant message warnings to state when the driver has arrived or sponsor seats for more youthful kids.
On the off chance that you can sort out the bespoke administration, you will appreciate the loosest and pleasant experience.
Generally, the choice to utilize an expert driver to get you to or from the air terminal will mean you will probably be progressively sorted out and ready to get to your planned goal on schedule.
Self-healing to the airplane terminal can be upsetting; however, this inclination is practically wiped out when ready to ride in an agreeable and private vehicle with no worries about the traffic or finding a free space to leave.