There are two types of alarm systems, residential and commercial. Over the past 5 years, the features of the two have started to merge. Many of the advanced features that the commercial systems have offered are now available on the residential systems.
We have all seen or heard the alarm system commercials that usually want to sign you to a self-renewing contract for some low price that includes monitoring and the equipment. If you want to get more information about home alarm systems then you can navigate to https://buffalosecurity.com.au/service/alarms/
Image Source: Google
Be careful with these offers as they usually do not put contacts on every door and window, but instead use motion detectors and maybe a glass breakage sensor. These are all good but you need more to get a full alarm system.
Alarm features that you should consider:
You should consider putting contacts on all doors and windows so that when one is forced open the alarm will go off. These are hard-wired or use wireless contacts.
- Motion detectors on every floor along with glass breakage sensors.
- Smoke, Fire and Carbon Monoxide detection sensors.
- Monitoring by certified alarm monitoring company.
- The ability of the alarm system to call out by cell phone when there is an alarm.
- The ability of the system to be turned on at night when pets are in the house.